Friday, September 10, 2021

Progress Report for 9/10/21

 Hey everyone

This week I have some bad news unfortunately. My computer seems to have decided that it's time to die, and the CPU has been burning up over even the lightest load. This is making the computer essentially a brick as it rapidly rises in temperature when I do literally anything. It's been getting progressively worse with today being rather severe.

I have a new computer ordered and on it's way, but given the chip shortages and everything I'm not sure if there will be delays. The estimate is that it will ship on the 23rd and arrive on the 26th. In the meantime I need to make this computer limp by until then. 

Fortunately, I do have a solution for the limping. For now, what seems to be working is that I only have one program open at a time, and when it comes time to compile my work, I put an ice pack against my computer to keep it cool while it compiles. Its not an elegant solution but it's working so far. 


Fortunately I managed to get a fair bit of work done before these issues started getting severe, so this update will be decent. I have two minigames implemented into the new special area, and one new character added so far. I *may* be able to add one more character before the end of the cycle but that depends on how well the computer behaves it's self.

Adventure High's UI exists. Again I am told that it's "almost done" which I've been told repeatedly but at least I was shown actual stuff this time. 


Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on it soon and begin implementing it all. There are a couple menus which were not quite right and need to be redesigned; for example the combat screen which was designed with only two rows of spells visible at a time which needs to be changed to show the entire spell menu at once. Hopefully that doesn't take too much longer though. 

That's about all I have for now. Hopefully this computer survives long enough to get the new one.

2 comments:

  1. Is there anywhere to get help with floors? I'm on F22 and can't find any gaps in the walls or similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 22nd floor is the deepest floor currently in the game so you aren't missing anything. I am still working on adding content, so there will be more floors as I make progress on that.

      Delete